Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the endless monologue






































Here are some small illustrations I did for Time Out New York about a month ago.  It was my 
first commissioned editorial job and I kinda stressed out because I was not used to work fast
and with a deadline that cannot be broke. I sketched them out, inked, photographed (I have NOT a scanner, dammit) threw in photoshop and applied colors (after waking up my roommate 
and her boyfriend at 7am to pose for me). I was a bit nervous because digital coloring is not really my thing and I felt like I hadn't enough confidence with it to feel entirely comfortable. When I paint, I know that I know how to fix something if it goes wrong, while with photoshop I had to experiment, with the pressure of a deadline. It came out nice. These were the two spots illustrations, there was also a full page one that I am not uploading for unknown reasons. 
The story was about the secret identities of new yorkers, sort of a doctor jeckyll and mr. hyde kind of thing....a female lawyer that go-go dances at night, a pot-head doctor and a polite husband with an addiction for sexy massages.
I just finished working this morning on another piece for Time Out, coming out next week. Check it out.  Is there anybody out there anyway? 

2 comments:

Stephanie Buscema said...

Congrats on the job! These look fabulous. I can't wait to see more xo

thomas pitilli said...

Steph told me about the new Time Out gig, looking forward to seeing them!